You’re already a great teacher, skilled in instructional techniques. But how well do you know the hospitality and tourism industry? The Certified Hospitality Instructor (CHI) provides you with knowledge and skills to be an outstanding hospitality instructor and launch your students into hospitality careers.
The CHI program will help you:
- Enhance critical thinking skills
- Apply course concepts to workplace experiences
- Become more confident about the material you teach
What do you need to know about the CHI curriculum?
- It has a two-level format.
- There is a self-study online format, custom textbook, and supporting materials for each level.
- The program fee is $750 for both levels. The fee includes all preparatory curriculum and the certification fee.
- Completion requirements include passing the Level 1 and Level 2 exams with a score of 70 percent or higher, plus completing a 120-hour internship.
The CHI program is designed for full- or part-time secondary school instructors who teach hospitality curriculums and for instructors in hospitality workforce training programs.
Earn your CHI and excel in the classroom with your new hospitality knowledge and experience.