09, September 2022 - By AHLEI
Times have changed. Ensure your security staff is prepared for new real-world challenges.
Safety is a major concern for guests and general security officer training is no longer sufficient to support the unique challenges lodging properties face. Developed with leading hospitality industry security experts, the newly revised Lodging Security Officer learning suite from AHLEI will help transform security officer staff skills via real-world, relevant online training. These crucial job skills are critical to ensuring guests have a safe and positive experience.
Online • Mobile Friendly • Interactive • ADA Compliant
This updated training platform provides general safety and security techniques and tips as well as hospitality specific information that security officers and other employees need to provide effective security.
Highlights of this online training platform include:
- Updated topics: civil unrest, active assailant, human trafficking, ADA guidelines, and more
- Interactive role-playing scenarios to practice decision-making skills
- Emphasizes the importance of security officers’ impact and commitment to guest service
- New sections on unconscious bias and discrimination
- Does not require any time in position or prior experience
- CLSO exam no longer requires and application
CLSO Course Outline
Total course length is five hours. Each module includes integrated study resources and a concluding quiz to confirm content mastery. Completion of CLSO training is recommended before taking the CLSO exam.
- Module 1: Overview of the Lodging Industry
- Module 2: Laws and Responsibilities of the Lodging Property
- Module 3: Routine Security Activities and Techniques
- Module 4: Responding to Incidents and Emergencies
- Number of questions: 60
- Time allowed: 2 hours
- Passing Score: 70%
- Proctor required: No
Visit the CLSO course page to see pricing and add to your cart