Coronavirus is on everyone’s mind as its effects are being felt around the world. We are all concerned for the health and safety of our families, friends, and colleagues. In partnership with the American Hotel & Lodging Foundation (AHLA Foundation), we are offering you complimentary access to online training for a limited period of time. Many hospitality professionals are finding themselves at home as hotels and lodging operations reduce service to try and slow the spread of infection.
During this difficult time in our industry, we’d like to offer the opportunity for hospitality professionals to make good use of their time at home to develop skills that can help take your hospitality career to the next level. Now through May 31, you can access complimentary online training. Employees who are currently furloughed or laid off are eligible to apply for AHLEI certifications as long as they were employed as of March 1, 2020. All other certification eligibility requirements are still in place.
Choose one or more of the following FREE training courses and then follow the step-by-step How to Enroll instructions below.
Available FREE Training Courses
Supervisory Skill Builders
9 Courses | Total 18 Hours
Suitable for: Entry-level hospitality employee, hospitality supervisor
Learn the essential skills that help supervisors contribute to the success of a hospitality establishment. Nine modules offer skills development for key areas including conflict management, staffing and scheduling, communication, and team building. This training is suitable for entry-level hospitality employees and hospitality supervisors.
Please note that while Supervisory Skill Builders can assist with preparation for the Certified Hospitality Supervisor (CHS) exam, training completion does not qualify you for the Certified Hospitality Supervisor (CHS) Certification. Time in position and other prerequisites must be fulfilled and a completed application submitted before sitting for the exam and earning the certification.
To access this training, click here to go to our Online Learning System. Enter enrollment code/key: SSB-Free
Hospitality Manager: Leadership
1 Course | 2.5 Hours
Suitable for: Entry-level hospitality employee, hospitality supervisor, hospitality manager, general manager
Learn how to lead a team by building a positive workplace culture, aligning day-to-day operations with organizational goals, using emotional intelligence to connect with employees, and more. Be more than a manager, be a leader. This training is suitable for entry-level hospitality employees, hospitality supervisors/managers and general managers.
To access this training, click here to go to our Online Learning System. Enter enrollment code/key: HML-Free
Certified Hotel Administrator (CHA) Online Review (Training ONLY)
7 Review Modules and Quizzes | 2.5 – 3 Hours Each
Suitable for: Hospitality supervisor, hospitality manager, general manager
Review the necessary knowledge essential to overseeing all functional areas of a hospitality establishment as a general manager or operations executive. Module topics includes rooms management, human resources, financial management, marketing and sales, and more. This training is suitable for Hospitality supervisors/managers and General managers.
Please note the Certified Hotel Administrator Certification exam is NOT included in this offer. While the CHA Online Review can assist with preparation for the CHA exam, training completion does not qualify you for the Certified Hotel Administrator (CHA Certification). Time in position and other prerequisites must be fulfilled and a completed application submitted before sitting for the exam and earning the certification.
To access this training, click here to go to our Online Learning System. Enter enrollment code/key: CHA-Free
How to Enroll
To enroll in any of these free training courses, you must have an account on our Online Learning System. Your AHLEI.org website learn.ahlei.org login will not work, you need to create an account on this new learning platform.
Follow these instructions for logging into or creating your training.ahlei.org account.
- Create an account on training.ahlei.org Tip: The link will open in a new tab, do not close this page because you will need to return to access the Course Link and enter the enrollment code/key to self-enroll on Learn.
- Click “Create new account” on bottom of page.
- Complete all required fields on the form. Tip: In the Brand field, enter your hotel’s brand/management company or individual, if you are not associated with a hotel.
- When you submit the form, an email will be sent immediately to your email address.
- To confirm your account, please click on link in the email.
- Once your account is confirmed, you will be logged into the online learning system
- Return to this page and click on the course link for the training course you want.
- On the enrollment options page in the Self enrollment (Student) field, enter the enrollment code/key (new Learn account only) and start your course.
For a step-by-step guide on how to enroll, click here.
Q: How will I be able to demonstrate that I completed the courses?
A: To demonstrate course completion:
- Supervisory Skill Builders: Certificate of completion is available via the LMS once the 9 course quizzes are passed.
- Hospitality Manager: Leadership: Certificate of completion is available via the LMS once 8 quizzes are passed.
- CHA Online Review: You can access your grades yourself by clicking “Grades” in the left menu at any time. For a record of training, you will need to print the page or capture a screenshot.
Q: What are the criteria to pass the quizzes?
A: The passing criteria for each training course are as follows:
- Supervisory Skill Builders: 9 quizzes (1 per course). 10 questions per quiz. 70% is passing score.
- Hospitality Manager: Leadership: 8 quizzes (1 per module, Intro module has no quiz). 5 questions per quiz. 70% is passing score.
- CHA Online Review: 7 quizzes (1 per module). 30 questions per quiz. 70% is passing score.
Q: Can I add more than one course to my account?
A: Yes, you can add one of each course to your account.
Q: Are these courses available to international or academic customers?
A: As part of the joint initiative with AHLAF, this offer is limited to hospitality employees within the U.S. only.
Q: How long will the courses be available for me to use?
A: Once you’ve used an enrollment code, you will have 90 days to access that specific course. If you do not complete the course within the 90 days, you can purchase the course to resume. Your progress will be saved.
Q: Can I add more than one (1) copy of a course to my account?
A: No, you are only allowed to add one of each learning suite to your account.
Q: If I want more than one (1) copy of a course, can I still purchase additional courses?
A: Yes. If you would like to purchase multiple courses, please contact sales.
Q: Who do I contact if I have questions?
A: Contact email@example.com or 407-999-8114