Two versions of Guest Service Gold®, both of which lead to the Certified Guest Service Professional designation, are offered to Oregon’s hospitality community. The special Oregon fee of $30 includes either one of the courses and its certification exam.
Both versions feature real employees and their stories to illustrate seven core principles designed to inspire employees to go for the gold when it comes to providing service above and beyond the call of duty.
- Guest Service Gold Tourism: OREGON EDITION. Designed collaboratively by AHLEI, Travel Oregon, and the Education Foundation of the Oregon Restaurant & Lodging Association (ORLAEF) this version was designed to appeal and be applicable to a broad cross-section of hospitality-related organizations. The stories featured were filmed in Oregon and use local hospitality employees. Locations represented include a ski area, winery, airport, convention facility, welcome center, restaurant, and a shuttle service.
- The standard Golden Opportunities version uses hotel scenarios to illustrate its principles and is appropriate for accommodations-based organizations.
To take either course, please complete this download and review the instructions to help guide you through registration. Internet Explorer 11, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox are the browsers which work best.
If you are an employer seeking paper-based and/or an in-person training option, please contact Sue Smith, at 503-682-4422 or SSmith@OregonRLA.org. Additional information is available at www.OregonGuestService.com
Guest Service Gold® Online Program and Certification
When a guest has a good experience, they share their stories and refer your organization to their friends, family, and social networks. Guest Service Gold® helps employees gain knowledge and confidence to engage with guests so that they can understand their needs enabling them to provide memorable service.
Either version of Guest Service Gold® teaches the concepts needed for participants to successfully complete the Certified Guest Service Professional (CGSP®) exam.
Either online version can be completed in two hours. The CGSP® exam consists of 30 multiple-choice questions that must be completed within one hour. Candidates need to earn a minimum score of 70% to earn the CGSP® designation, which is a certification recognized worldwide.
The package includes:
- Guest Service Gold® training program
- CGSP® Certification Exam
- Bonus: Complimentary access to TripAdvisor® Reputation Management for Front-Line Staff online course.
Language Note: Golden Opportunities and Tourism versions are available in English or Spanish. TripAdvisor is available in English only.
To get started, choose the course version you prefer:
Tourism – Hospitality Industry Focus
- Oregon – Guest Service Gold® Tourism Online Course and Exam – TripAdvisor (English)
- Oregon – Guest Service Gold® Tourism Online Course and Exam Spanish – TripAdvisor (English)