The CHIA is a knowledge-based certification and does not have a time in position requirement.
How to Obtain Certification
- Purchase your application, study guide, and exam package
- Complete and submit your application and supporting documents
- Upon approval, access resource materials and exam
How to Apply
Upon purchase, you will be required to complete an online application to ensure you meet the prerequisites. Until your application is approved, you will be unable to access the exam preparation resource materials that are part of your purchase.
- After checkout, check your order confirmation email and click on the "Apply Online" link.
- Upon logging into the system, you can select the "Launch" button to begin your application.
- Follow the instructions and steps provided.
- Provide correct documentation and required references. Have these documents available for upload:
Following response by references, open and submit application.
- Current Resume
- Job Description
- Copy of diploma or transcripts
- Any previous AHLEI certification certificates
Following application approval, your exam preparation resource materials and exam will become available under “My Learning & Exams.” If your application is denied, you will be entitled to a refund of your entire package.
The Certification in Hotel Industry Analytics is an online program developed to prepare you for the CHIA exam. It demonstrates how to analyze various types of hotel industry data and to make strategic inferences based upon that analysis. This program provides an in-depth review of the program content and includes both condensed and expanded versions of the training.
The CHIA online program includes case scenarios, hints, sample reports, industry “tricks of the trade,” analysis examples, quizzes, discussion questions, and application exercises that give you hands-on experience working with hotel data.
Core content areas include:
- Hotel Industry Analytical Foundations
- Hotel Math Fundamentals
- Property Level Benchmarking (STAR Reports)
- Hotel Industry Performance Reports
Course completion takes about four to six hours.
There are also one and two-day workshops available for group training. You can conduct these at a company’s headquarters or with a scheduled event or conference. Contact the sales team for more details.
Once you have submitted your exam, you will receive a pass/fail notification.
For additional information, please contact the Professional Certification Department:
Email: email@example.com | Phone: 407-999-8100 or 888-575-8726