Breakfast attendants help guests get their day off to a great start. They provide food, beverages, and a warm welcome to guests at their property. The Certified Breakfast Attendant recognizes those employees who have the skills and knowledge to provide excellent food and beverage service every morning at a lodging property.
The certification is supported by the START (Skills, Tasks, and Results Training) for Breakfast Attendant. The online program presents general hospitality knowledge and soft skills needed in the hospitality industry, along with concise instructions for training new or prospective employees on how to perform 16 key tasks correctly. These include:
- How to properly handle food from receiving to service
- How to interact with guests and handle complaints and requests
- Knowledge of cross contamination, foodborne illness, and food allergens
- How to set up side stations, display breakfast items, and maintain tables
The online program includes:
- Three-month online access to START program from date of purchase
- Access to first online certification exam (retake fees apply if exam is not passed on first attempt)
Successful candidates who complete the START for Breakfast Attendant online program and pass the 30 question multiple-choice question certification exam with a score of 70% or higher will receive a Certified Breakfast Attendant certificate and lapel pin.
Also available in Spanish.