This quickSTART study guide is the preparation material for the Certified Breakfast Attendant and is intended for on-the-job training. The trainer resource is the START for Breakfast Attendant Instructor Guide.
The quickSTART study guide is divided into three sections for the trainee:
- Knowledge that all hospitality employees need
- Knowledge specific to the Breakfast Attendant position
- Skills Validation List
The quickSTART Skills Validation List can be used during on-the-job training in a work or learning lab setting. Upon successful completion of each training topic, the trainer observes the trainee as they demonstrate the tasks to meet property standards. The Breakfast Attendant training covers 16 key areas, including:
- How to properly handle food from receiving to service
- How to interact with guests and handle complaints and requests
- Knowledge of cross contamination, foodborne illness, and food allergens
- How to set up side stations, display breakfast items, and maintain tables
The training package includes:
- Study Guide
- Certification exam scan sheet
Successful candidates who complete the quickSTART program and pass the 30 multiple-choice Certified Breakfast Attendant exam with a score of 70% or higher will receive a certificate and lapel pin.