Executive-level or management-level in food and beverage or culinary operations.
Food and beverage director/manager, assistant food and beverage director/manager, executive chef, restaurant manager, and assistant restaurant manager
Time in Position
1 year Department Head experience
- Executive Certification takes 6 months off
- Degree from an accredited academic institution takes 6 months off
How to Obtain Certification
- Purchase your application, study guide, and exam package
- Complete and submit your application and supporting documents
- Upon approval, access resource materials
- Connect with a proctor to complete your exam
How to Apply
Upon purchase, you will be required to complete an online application to ensure you meet the prerequisites. Until your application is approved, you will be unable to access the exam preparation resource materials that are part of your purchase.
- After checkout, check your order confirmation email and click on the "Apply Online" link.
- Upon logging into the system, you can select the "Launch" button to begin your application.
- Follow the instructions and steps provided.
- Provide correct documentation and required references. Have these documents available for upload:
Following response by references, open and submit application.
- Current Resume
- Job Description
- Copy of diploma or transcripts
- Any previous AHLEI certification certificates
Following application approval, your exam preparation resource materials will become available under “My Learning & Exams.” If your application is denied, you will be entitled to a refund of your entire package.
Exam will be accessible for 1 year from date of application approval.