Front desk representatives play a key role in giving guests an excellent experience. They greet guests, check them in, and make payment arrangements. They answer guest questions and make sure guests can get the services that they need while at the property. The Front Desk Representative certification recognizes those professionals who are skilled at the many tasks they must perform.
The certification is supported by the START (Skills, Tasks, and Results Training) for Front Desk Representative. The online program presents general hospitality knowledge and soft skills needed in the hospitality industry, along with concise instructions for training new or prospective employees on how to perform 16 key tasks correctly. These include:
- Identifying equipment and systems used by front desk staff
- Understanding the importance of key control
- Identifying the steps and tasks involved in pre-arrival, check in, and departure
- Demonstrating effective sales and upselling techniques used by the front desk.
The online program includes:
- Six-month online access to START program from date of purchase
- Access to first online certification exam (retake fees apply if exam is not passed on first attempt). To purchase retake fees, contact Customer Care.
Successful candidates who complete the START for Front Desk Representative online program and pass the 30 multiple-choice questions certification exam with a score of 70% or higher will receive a Certified Front Desk Representative certificate.