The START for Front Desk Representative Instructor Guide is the trainer resource for the START and quickSTART training programs for the Certified Front Desk Representative.
START is training presented in a classroom setting. quickSTART is training on-the-job.
Programs for individual positions include the following sections:
- All Employee Knowledge
- Position-Specific Knowledge
- Job Breakdowns (START)
- Skills Validation List (quickSTART)
The Front Desk Representative training features concise instructions for training new or prospective employees on how to perform 16 key tasks correctly. These include:
- Identifying equipment and systems used by front desk staff
- Understanding the importance of key control
- Identifying the steps and tasks involved in pre-arrival, check in, and departure
- Demonstrating effective sales and upselling techniques used by the front desk.
Instructor Guide includes:
- Trainer materials and learning resources, including competencies, quizzes and activities.
- Printable certification exam questions for the Front Desk Representative position.
Successful candidates who complete the START or quickSTART program and pass the 30 multiple-choice question Certified Front Desk Representative exam with a score of 70% or higher will receive a certificate and lapel pin.