The START for Front Desk Representative Study Guide is the preparation material for the Certified Front Desk Representative. It is intended for trainees learning in a classroom setting. The guide is divided into three sections for the trainee:
- Knowledge that all hospitality employees need
- Knowledge specific to the Front Desk Representative position
- Common tasks broken down into a step-by-step method
The Front Desk Representative training covers 16 key areas, including:
- Identifying equipment and systems used by front desk staff
- Understanding the importance of key control
- Identifying the steps and tasks involved in pre-arrival, check in, and departure
- Demonstrating effective sales and upselling techniques used by the front desk.
The training package includes:
- Study Guide
- Certification exam scan sheet
The trainer resource is the START for Front Desk Representative Instructor Guide, which includes the printable certification exam questions.
Successful candidates who complete the START program and pass the 30 multiple-choice Certified Front Desk Representative exam with a score of 70% or higher will receive a certificate and lapel pin.