Guestroom attendants bring the shine to each guestroom, ensuring that the very reason guests come to the property--the guestroom, is kept to the highest standards of cleanliness. Certification recognizes those guestroom attendants who are skilled in every cleaning task and who greet guests warmly and respond to their guestroom needs.
The certification is supported by the START (Skills, Tasks, and Results Training) for Guestroom Attendant. The online program presents general hospitality knowledge and soft skills needed in the hospitality industry, along with concise instructions for training new or prospective employees on how to perform 19 key tasks correctly. These include:
- Defining common room status codes
- Demonstrating how to use cleaning supplies and chemicals correctly and safely
- Understanding safety and security issues for housekeepers
- Discussing ways to organize carts and work areas for maximum efficiency
The online program includes:
- Three-month online access to START program from date of purchase
- Access to first online certification exam (retake fees apply if exam is not passed on first attempt)
Successful candidates who complete the START for Guestroom Attendant online program and pass the 30 multiple-choice questions certification exam with a score of 70% or higher will receive a Certified Guestroom attendant certificate and lapel pin.
Also available in Spanish.