This quickSTART study guide is the preparation material for the Certified Guestroom Attendant and is intended for on-the-job training. The trainer resource is the START for Guestroom Attendant Instructor Guide.
The quickSTART study guide is divided into three sections for the trainee:
• Knowledge that all hospitality employees need
• Knowledge specific to the Front Desk Representative position
• Skills Validation List
The quickSTART Skills Validation List can be used during on-the-job training in a work or learning lab setting. Upon successful completion of each training topic, the trainer observes the trainee as they demonstrate the tasks to meet property standards. The Guestroom Attendant training covers 19 key areas, including:
• Defining common room status codes
• Demonstrating how to use cleaning supplies and chemicals correctly and safely
• Understanding safety and security issues for housekeepers
• Discussing ways to organize carts and work areas for maximum efficiency
The training package includes:
• Study Guide
• Certification exam scan sheet
Successful candidates who complete the quickSTART program and pass the 30 multiple-choice Certified Guestroom Attendant exam with a score of 70% or higher will receive a certificate and lapel pin.