Post-Secondary Hospitality Educator
(In addition to having previous experience in the hospitality industry on a managerial or supervisory level).
Novice teachers, seasoned professors, industry professionals serving as adjunct instructors or lecturers at a college or university.
Time in Position
- Be currently employed full time as a post-secondary hospitality educator, with at least two years of experience in one or more such positions
- Have at least a four year degree or international diploma from an approved institution
- Have at least two years of full-time professional experience in the hospitality industry, with a minimum of one year in a managerial or supervisory position
- Be currently employed full time or part time as a post-secondary hospitality educator
- Have at least five years of full-time professional experience in the hospitality industry, with a minimum of two years in a managerial or supervisory position
How to Obtain Certification
- Purchase your application, study guide, and exam package
- Complete and submit your application and supporting documents
- Upon approval, access resource materials
- Connect with a proctor to complete your exam
How to Apply
Upon purchase, you will be required to complete an online application to ensure you meet the prerequisites. Until your application is approved, you will be unable to access the exam preparation resource materials that are part of your purchase.
- After checkout, check your order confirmation email and click on the "Apply Online" link.
- Upon logging into the system, you can select the "Launch" button to begin your application.
- Follow the instructions and steps provided.
- Provide correct documentation and required references. Have these documents available for upload:
Following response by references, open and submit application.
- Current Resume
- Job Description
- Copy of diploma or transcripts
- Any previous AHLEI certification certificates
Following application approval, your exam preparation resource materials will become available under “My Learning & Exams.” If your application is denied, you will be entitled to a refund of your entire package.
Exam will be accessible for 1 year from date of application approval.