Certifications are valid for 5 years. You may purchase your digital recertification application at any time before the expiration date. To recertify, candidates must pay the fee and complete a recertification application, submitting all supporting documentation. The recertification fee* is $200. Candidates apply to recertify past the 5-year mark are subject to a late fee.
The hospitality industry constantly changes, so hospitality professionals must continually advance their knowledge and skills. For this reason, certification designees hold their certification for only five years.
During the next five years, the designee must:
- Maintain their qualifying position within the industry
- Earn points by fulfilling activity requirements
Points are earned for:
- Professional experience
- Professional development activities/seminars
- Industry-related involvement
- Educational services
- Online courses
- Attendance at industry-affiliated tradeshows, conferences, or conventions
Other ways to earn recertification points include:
- Complete any AHLEI hospitality management course online. They provide five points toward the recertification total.
- Earn points for attending any industry-affiliated tradeshow, conference, or convention.