You can earn the CHT designation if you are currently employed as a property level training manager or director, corporate level training executive, or a department head at a hospitality company.
Candidate Time in Position: Current employment in a training position for at least one year.
Time in position requirement can be reduced by six months if you meet the following conditions:
- One current AHLEI supervisor, management, department head, or executive certification (limit 1)
- A degree from an accredited academic institution (limit 1)
How to Apply
Have the following documents available to upload:
- Current Resume
- Job Description
- Employment Verification Form (signed by your immediate supervisor)
- Copy of diploma or transcripts
- Complete payment
Download the Certified Hospitality Trainer (CHT®) application.
CHT Exam Preparation Booklet
Candidates for the Certified Hospitality Trainer designation will receive a CHT Exam Preparation Booklet with the resource materials that streamline and focus the study and exam preparation. This booklet, along with a CD that includes all of the CHT resource materials, lets you assess your knowledge and experience by individual competency and then directs you to the specific chapter and competencies for study and review.
The CD contains the ten key knowledge areas that correspond with the Exam Preparation Booklet. As you identify knowledge areas where you need review or additional learning, you can access that information on the CD.
When you are ready to take the exam online, contact AHLEI’s Certification Department to have the exam sent to your proctor.
A proctor may be a CHA, CHT, a hospitality educator, an AHLA member association executive, your immediate supervisor or a member of the clergy. Your designated proctor cannot be a relative.
The CHT exam has 150 multiple-choice questions that must be answered within three hours. The test questions test your mastery of competencies derived from ten key areas of knowledge. The key areas of testing are:
- The Investment of Training and Development
- Assessing Training Needs
- Instructional Design
- Training Tools, Techniques, and Technology
- Measuring and Evaluating Training and Development
- Training the Trainer
- The Hourly Employee Orientation, Socialization, and Training Process
- Management Development and Executive Education
- Outsourcing Training and Development
Multiple Staff Members
To order this program for your property to train multiple staff members, contact our sales team.
For additional information, please contact the Professional Certification Department:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone 407-999-8100 or 888-575-8726 | Fax: 407-236-7848 or 407-9998610