The START for Kitchen Cook Study Guide is the preparation material for the Certified Kitchen Cook. It is intended for trainees learning in a classroom setting. The guide is divided into three sections for the trainee:
- Knowledge that all hospitality employees need
- Knowledge specific to the Front Desk Representative position
- Common tasks broken down into a step-by-step method
The Kitchen Cook training covers 18 key areas, including:
- Explaining how to use basic kitchen tools and equipment, including knives
- Converting standard recipes based on portion size and number of portions
- Handling special guest situations, including substitutions
- Demonstrating basic kitchen safety and sanitation guidelines
The training package includes:
- Study Guide
- Certification exam scan sheet
The trainer resource is the START for Kitchen Cook Instructor Guide, which includes the printable certification exam questions.
Successful candidates who complete the START program and pass the 30 multiple-choice Certified Kitchen Cook exam with a score of 70% or higher will receive a certificate and lapel pin.