You can earn the CLO designation if you are the owner of at least one hotel/lodging property. You must provide non-proprietary documentation that shows you are the owner of at least one property.
How to Obtain Certification
- Purchase your application, study guide, and exam package
- Complete and submit your application and supporting documents
- Upon approval, access resource materials
- Connect with a proctor to complete your exam
How to Apply
Upon purchase, you will be required to complete an online application to ensure you meet the prerequisites. Until your application is approved, you will be unable to access the exam preparation resource materials that are part of your purchase.
- After checkout, check your order confirmation email and click on the "Apply Online" link.
- Upon logging into the system, you can select the "Launch" button to begin your application.
- Follow the instructions and steps provided.
- Provide correct documentation and required references. Have these documents available for upload:
Following response by references, open and submit application.
- Current Resume
- Job Description
- Copy of diploma or transcripts
- Any previous AHLEI certification certificates
Following application approval, your exam preparation resource materials will become available under “My Learning & Exams.” If your application is denied, you will be entitled to a refund of your entire package.
CLO candidates receive a keycode to access a 14-chapter digital study guide on PDF. The five sections of the study guide are:
- Industry Overview
- Overview of Hotel Operations
- Hotel Investment
- The Process of Asset Management
- Contracts and Legal Aspects of Asset Management
Topics include an introduction to accounting and financial statements; the hotel investment decision: buy, hold, and sell analyses; evaluating franchise and chain affiliation programs; benchmarking and financial analysis; hotel management agreement structures; and key legal issues.
The study guide also includes 20 sample exam questions for practice.
You can access the program online or review it on the go by downloading the content to a mobile device, tablet, or computer for offline reading.
You will need to connect with a proctor and register for a proctored exam session before you see the exam under the “My Learning and Exams” dashboard.
Follow the prompts to identify a proctor.
NOTE: Proctors will need to follow an approval process. When you have identified a proctor, be sure to share the proctor approval process.
Once your proctor schedules an exam session, they will send you and enrollment link, select enroll and you can access your exam under Scheduled Exams on your Learning and Exam dashboard. On the day of the exam, select Launch exam, your Proctor will enter in the Exam Session password and your exam will start.
Once you have submitted your exam, you will receive a pass/fail notification. Once your Proctor has closed out the Exam Session you’ll see your exam results/certificate under the Certificate/Results tab on your Learning and Exam dashboard.
Upon passing the exam, you will be granted access to your digital certification certificate.
For additional information, please contact the Professional Certification Department:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 407-999-8100 or 888-575-8726