You qualify for the CLSS if you are currently employed in a position where you supervise two or more people, have responsibilities for security issues at property-level, has job duties that are at least 20 percent supervisory in nature and include such tasks as scheduling, training, interviewing, disciplining, inspecting, and conducting performance reviews; makes decisions and judgment calls while performing daily duties; and have input on hiring and firing decisions within a department.
Candidate Time in Position: 3 months. The time in position requirement may be eliminated if you have one of the following conditions:
- One current supervisory, managerial, department head or executive certification
- Degree from an accredited academic institution
How to Apply
Have the following documents available to upload:
- Current Resume
- Job Description
- Employment Verification Form (signed by your immediate supervisor)
- Copy of diploma or transcripts
- Complete payment
Download the Certified Lodging Security Supervisor (CLSS®) application.
Candidates will receive CLSS study materials.
When you are ready to take the exam online, contact AHLEI’s Certification Department to have the exam sent to your proctor.
A proctor may be a CHA, CLSS, a hospitality educator, an AHLA member association executive, your immediate supervisor or a member of the clergy. Your designated proctor cannot be a relative.
The CLSS exam has 125 multiple-choice questions that must be answered within two hours. The test questions test your mastery of competencies derived from nine key areas of knowledge. The key areas of testing are:
- Lodging Security Overview
- The Legal System
- Security Implementation
- Operational Policies and Procedures
- Locks and Keys
- Investigating and Reporting
- Additional Security Considerations
- Supervising Human Resources
- Crisis Management and Emergency Procedures
For additional information, please contact the Professional Certification Department:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone 407-999-8100 or 888-575-8726 | Fax: 407-236-7848 or 407-999-8610