The START for Maintenance Employee Study Guide is the preparation material for the Certified Maintenance Employee. It is intended for trainees learning in a classroom setting. The guide is divided into three sections for the trainee:
- Knowledge that all hospitality employees need
- Knowledge specific to the Maintenance Employee position
- Common tasks broken down into a step-by-step method
The Maintenance Employee training covers 14 key areas, including:
- Discussing the importance of OSHA regulations and person protective equipment
- Explaining the benefits of green initiatives for a property
- Summarizing the role of maintenance workers in property safety and security
- Listing common tools and how to prepare, inventory, and maintain them
The training package includes:
- Study Guide
- Certification exam scan sheet
The trainer resource is the START for Maintenance Employee Instructor Guide, which includes the printable certification exam questions.
Successful candidates who complete the START program and pass the 30 multiple-choice Certified Maintenance Employee exam with a score of 70% or higher will receive a certificate and lapel pin.