The hospitality industry constantly changes, so hospitality professionals must continually advance their knowledge and skills. For this reason, certification designees hold their certification for only five years.
During the next five years, the designee must:
- Maintain their qualifying position within the industry
- Earn points by fulfilling activity requirements
Points are earned for:
- Professional experience
- Professional development activities/seminars
- Industry-related involvement
- Educational services
Other ways to earn recertification points include:
- Complete any AHLEI hospitality management course online. They provide five points toward the recertification total. View course offerings and enroll today.
- Earn points for attending any industry-affiliated tradeshow, conference, or convention.
Certified Rooms Division Executive (CRDE) - ( Application ) ( Maintenance Points )
A candidate may elect to sit for the exam to earn recertification instead of earning points. The candidate must achieve a minimum score of 70 percent to recertify.
The recertification fee* is $200. Candidates who recertify must pay the fee, complete a maintenance activity form, submit all supporting documentation, and sign the maintenance agreement - agreeing to all terms.
Once recertified, you will receive a new jeweled lapel pin that reflects the number of years you are certified and a new certificate.
*Prices are subject to change without notice.
Please submit your recertification packet to:
American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute
6751 Forum Drive, Suite 220
Orlando, Florida 32821
For additional information, please contact the Professional Certification Department:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone 407-999-8100 or 888-575-8726 | Fax: 407-236-7848 or 407-999-8610