As you welcome guests back, earn their confidence by training your team to meet the new health and safety challenges presented by COVID-19.
NEW MODULE: As properties look to enforce COVID-19 requirements with guests, difficult situations may arise with guests adhering to the guidelines. The new de-escalation module offers all hotel employees guidance on how to reduce tensions and promote a safe environment while maintaining the spirit of hospitality throughout all interactions. This new module guides employees in: Preparation and awareness, signs of escalation, staying calm, de-escalation steps, assisting others, and getting help.
This online training:
- Presents industry-aligned cleaning and safety standards developed and endorsed by hospitality leaders and public health experts
- Was developed by AHLEI in collaboration with the American Hotel & Lodging Association’s Safe Stay Initiative and the Safe Stay Advisory Council
- Explains employee procedures and protocols in the areas of cleaning and sanitizing, employee health, physical distancing, and personal hygiene and protection
Training content includes:
- An overview of COVID-19, its symptoms, and details about its transmission
- An overview of the importance of employee health and health reporting
- Actions employees can take to keep guests and themselves safer, including correct use of face coverings and handwashing
- Ways to keep guests safer through updated cleaning and disinfecting procedures in both front of the house and back of the house
- An overview of room recovery procedures in the event of a known or suspected case of COVID-19
- How to keep guests and coworkers safer through physical distancing
- An overview of difficult situations related to COVID-19 guest requirements
- A review of the importance of mindset, listening skills, and the spirit of hospitality when dealing with difficult situations
- Actions employees can take to de-escalate difficult situations and find solutions
The training includes a brief assessment with unlimited attempts to earn an 80% passing score. Successful candidates can print a certificate of completion.
To order this training for your organization or to host this training on your Learning Management System, please contact our sales team.