As you welcome guests back, earn their confidence by training your team to meet the new health and safety challenges presented by COVID-19.
NEW MODULE: As properties look to enforce COVID-19 requirements with guests, difficult situations may arise with guests adhering to the guidelines. The new de-escalation module offers all hotel employees guidance on how to reduce tensions and promote a safe environment while maintaining the spirit of hospitality throughout all interactions. This new module guides employees in: Preparation and awareness, signs of escalation, staying calm, de-escalation steps, assisting others, and getting help.
This online training:
- Presents industry-aligned cleaning and safety standards developed and endorsed by hospitality leaders and public health experts
- Was developed by AHLEI in collaboration with the American Hotel & Lodging Association’s Safe Stay Initiative and the Safe Stay Advisory Council
- Explains employee procedures and protocols in the areas of cleaning and sanitizing, employee health, physical distancing, and personal hygiene and protection
Training content includes:
- An overview of COVID-19, its symptoms, and details about its transmission
- An overview of the importance of employee health and health reporting
- Actions employees can take to keep guests and themselves safer, including correct use of face coverings and handwashing
- Ways to keep guests safer through updated cleaning and disinfecting procedures in both front of the house and back of the house
- An overview of room recovery procedures in the event of a known or suspected case of COVID-19
- How to keep guests and coworkers safer through physical distancing
- An overview of difficult situations related to COVID-19 guest requirements
- A review of the importance of mindset, listening skills, and the spirit of hospitality when dealing with difficult situations
- Actions employees can take to de-escalate difficult situations and find solutions
The training includes a brief assessment with unlimited attempts to earn an 80% passing score. Successful candidates can print a certificate of completion.
To order this training for your organization or to host this training on your Learning Management System, please contact our sales team.
This product is also available in Spanish.