Now available as an interactive eBook through VitalSource Bookshelf! Access this title anytime, anywhere, on any device with the ability to highlight text, take notes, and search for specific content. Sync all of your activity between the mobile apps and browser version for the most compatible, multi-device platform available.
The purchaser will have access to this title for 180 days from access code redemption. PLEASE NOTE: the eBook does not include the AHLEI-graded final exam for this textbook.
Hospitality is a people industry, and this textbook will teach readers how to manage the important human resources who provide services within a hospitality operation. They'll learn how to fulfill the requirements of U.S. employment and workplace laws, and discover the latest strategies for attracting employees, minimizing turnover, and maximizing productivity.
Updated content in the fifth edition includes:
- The impact of the post-recession economy on recruiting, selection, retention, and turnover
- How companies use social media to learn about job applicants
- The latest trends in effective incentive programs and industry benefits
- The changing face of unions and new trends in organizing and collective bargaining
- Social responsibility issues, including what companies are doing (and not doing) right
Authors: Robert H. Woods, Ph.D., CHRE, University of Nevada, Las Vegas; Misty M. Johanson, Ph.D., DePaul University; Michael P. Sciarini, Ph.D., Grand Valley State University
©2012, 14 Chapters, Digital
Upon ordering the digital edition, you will receive an access code with guided information to help you get started.