Now available as an interactive eBook through VitalSource Bookshelf! Access this title anytime, anywhere, on any device with the ability to highlight text, take notes, and search for specific content. Sync all of your activity between the mobile apps and browser version for the most compatible, multi-device platform available.
The purchaser will have access to this title for 180 days from access code redemption. PLEASE NOTE: the eBook does not include the AHLEI-graded final exam for this textbook.
Housekeeping is critical to the success of today's hospitality operations. The third edition of this textbook shows what it takes to direct day-to-day operations of this department, from big-picture management issues to technical details for cleaning each area.
- Energy management, sustainability and "green" housekeeping (microfiber mops, reusing linens/towels, chemical use, green lighting, etc.)
- Post 9/11 security issues
- Health concerns (bedbugs, mold, viral outbreaks)
- Amenities and guestroom furnishings (bathrobes, triple sheeting, higher thread counts, "bed wars," pillow menus, wireless Internet, etc.)
- Human resources (diversity, recruitment challenges, immigration reform laws, turnover, selection and interviewing)
Authors: Aleta A. Nitschke, The Rooms Chronicle, and William D. Frye, Ph.D., Niagara University
©2008, 14 Chapters, Digital
Upon ordering the digital edition, you will receive an access code with guided information to help you get started.