The START for Kitchen Cook Instructor Guide is the trainer resource for the START training program for the Certified Kitchen Cook.
START is training presented in a classroom setting.
Programs for individual positions include the following sections:
- All Employee Knowledge
- Position-Specific Knowledge
- Job Breakdowns
The Kitchen Cook training features concise instructions for training new or prospective employees on how to perform 18 key tasks correctly. These include:
- Explaining how to use basic kitchen tools and equipment, including knives
- Converting standard recipes based on portion size and number of portions
- Handling special guest situations, including substitutions
- Demonstrating basic kitchen safety and sanitation guidelines
Instructor Guide includes:
- Trainer materials and learning resources, including competencies, quizzes and activities.
- Printable certification exam questions for the Kitchen Cook position.
Successful candidates who complete the START program and pass the 30 multiple-choice question Certified Kitchen Cook exam with a score of 70% or higher will receive a certificate.