The START for Restaurant Server Instructor Guide is the trainer resource for the START training program for the Certified Restaurant Server.
START is training presented in a classroom setting.
Programs for individual positions include the following sections:
- All Employee Knowledge
- Job Breakdowns
The Restaurant Server training features concise instructions for training new or prospective employees on how to perform 22 key tasks correctly. These include:
- Demonstrating how to greet and seat guests and anticipate guest needs
- Explaining how to serve beverages, serve the meal, and check back to the table
- Listing basic kitchen safety and sanitation guidelines servers should follow
- Explaining how to present guest checks and settle bills.
Instructor Guide includes:
- Trainer materials and learning resources, including competencies, quizzes and activities.
- Printable certification exam questions for the Restaurant Server position.
Successful candidates who complete the START program and pass the 30 multiple-choice question Certified Restaurant Server exam with a score of 70% or higher will receive a certificate.