Responsible Alcohol Service
The Controlling Alcohol Risks Effectively® (CARE) for Servers program includes updates to learning activities and discussions on how to effectively monitor and control guests’ alcohol consumption, tactfully intervene before problems arise, carry out ID-checking policies, and handle minors according to your venue’s policies.
New sections on lodging-specific alcohol sales include areas covering in-room dining service, minibars, banquets and catering, as well as retail outlets such as gift shops. Other new topics presented include specific content on energy drinks, illegal drugs and tobacco sales.
Successful completion of any of the CARE training programs will lead to an American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI) issued Training Verification Card, and can reduce liability risks and help lower insurance rates.
CARE for Servers
Controlling Alcohol Risks Effectively® (CARE) is a one-day seminar that prepares servers with the proper knowledge of how to serve alcohol responsibly. The AHLEI-graded final exam offers proof of training for individuals who pass the 45-question CARE exam with a score of 84% or higher. Those who pass receive a CARE Training Verification Card.
Servers learn to:
- Effectively monitor and control guests’ alcohol consumption
- Tactfully intervene before problems arise
- Carry out their establishment’s ID-checking policies and spot false identification
- Handle minors according to their operation’s specific policies
- Understand the laws in their state specifically and how they affect their procedure
The CARE program provides:
- Section on lodging-specific alcohol sales, including in-room dining service, mini-bars, retail outlets/gift shops and banquets/special event
- Content on energy drinks and illegal drugs
- ID checking guide
- Content on tobacco sales
- Hotel and gaming scenarios
- Easy-to-use instructor’s guide format
- Training DVD to reinforce key concepts
- Spanish version available
The CARE program includes everything a hospitality trainer needs to conduct an effective one-day workshop. The participant materials help employees better visualize training concepts, while the video provides specific training examples.
Contact Sales Connect with a salesperson to get started with CARE for Servers