Sexual Violence Prevention for Hotel Staff
The American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA) and the National Alliance to End Sexual Violence (NAESV) have partnered to develop this online training program as part of the hotel industry’s efforts to raise awareness about sexual violence in the workplace. The training provides information and resources to educate hotel employees on identifying and reporting sexual harassment and assault, as well as offering support to victims of sexual violence. The training is available for licensing from AHLEI, which developed the program with NAESV.
The 30-minute online training program addresses the issue of sexual violence in the hospitality industry and offers tips to combat this issue. Case study scenarios reinforce concepts and allow users to test their knowledge, and downloadable resources ensure the training remains relevant on the job.
Objectives of the program:
- Define sexual violence, rape culture, and consent
- Understand the scope of the problem and who is affected
- Identify the myths associated with sexual assault
- Recognize the signs of sexual violence
- Understand how to be an upstander and know how to offer support to someone who has been sexually assaulted
- Explain the role of hospitality employees in helping create a safe, supportive environment
This program is available to hotel properties through a license agreement for one year with unlimited users. It is not available for individual purchase.
Contact Sales Learn how to purchase this training for your organization.