Skills, Tasks, and Results Training (Classroom Program)
AHLEI offers a classroom curriculum for hospitality called START (Skills, Tasks, And Results Training). For workforce programs that use a classroom approach to training and career preparation, this textbook-centered program offers in-depth information, plus the opportunity for your clients to earn a professional certification.
This 180-hour curriculum covers 12 hospitality positions. Students use a textbook and workbook and take a comprehensive final exam at the end of the program. They can also earn a professional certification with no time in position, providing them with a marketable edge when seeking employment.
Students who successfully complete the START curriculum and pass the final exam will receive a voucher waiving the fees for a Hospitality Skills Certification in one (1) of five (5) areas covered in the START curriculum.
Front line certification designations available for START students include:
- Certified Front Desk Representative
- Certified Guestroom Attendant
- Certified Maintenance Employee
- Certified Restaurant Server
- Certified Guest Service Professional
- The Skills, Tasks, and Results Training (START) program components have been created with the instructor in mind – everything needed to teach the program (instructor workbook, lesson plans, overheads, assessments, etc.) has been provided in a simple to use format, even for those instructors without a background in hospitality.
Contact Sales See if the full START curriculum is a good fit for your program