Why choose HTMP?
The Hospitality and Tourism Management Program opens a world of possibilities for students:
- Stackable credentials: AHLEI credentials fulfill the very definition of stackable, with credentials beginning with line-level positions and building up through supervisory, management and executive levels. Skills gained at each level lead to the next step along one’s career path.
- Career pathways system: The HTMP has clear strategies and supports to help students move from acquiring core skills and credentials for job entry on through higher levels of responsibility and better-paying jobs. They can design a career pathway that best suits their interests, talents and abilities.
- Articulation Agreements: Successful completion of the HTMP may lead to advanced placement in college through articulation agreements with community colleges and four-year universities with hospitality programs.
- Practical work-based learning: A critical part of the program is an industry internship which lets students apply the skills they’ve learned in the classroom through work-based learning experiences. For schools unable to offer internships, AHLEI has partnered with Knowledge Matters, whose online virtual hotel business simulation can replace the internship requirement needed to earn the Certified Hospitality and Tourism Management Professionals (CHTMP).
HTMP is designed to help teachers excel and succeed:
- Extensive teacher materials: Starting with an easy-to-follow, color-coded wrap-around textbook that guides teachers through classroom discussions, the program also provides direct links in that book to lesson plans, supplemental media, PowerPoints, and workbook activities.
- Online teacher portal: Teachers are given access to an online teacher portal that is filled with support material and a library of editable documents so they can customize lesson plans, weekly quizzes, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Customized support from AHLEI: AHLEI wants to ensure teachers succeed. There are professionals on hand willing to provide inservice training through webinars. For large districts that adopt the program in multiple schools, a professional will come out on site to train teachers and help prepare them to use Hospitality and Tourism Management Program to the best effect. We’ll also help you promote the program to students, parents and others in the district.
- Teacher certification: For teachers whose states or districts require certification, AHLEI offers online learning resources to help instructors prepare for the Certified Hospitality Instructor (CHI) exam.
Contact Sales Review this curriculum for your school
Are you ready to learn more about the Hospitality and Tourism Management Program? Choose from the tabs below for more details on exactly what you’ll get when you adopt this program in your schools: