The hospitality and tourism industry is filled with promising hospitality careers, which is why AHLEI partnered with industry experts to develop the Hospitality and Tourism Management Program (HTMP). This two-year curriculum for high school students introduces hospitality and tourism on a global scale.
Why choose HTMP?
- Provides specific skills knowledge for students leading to an industry-recognized professional certification from the American Hotel & Lodging Association.
- Aligns with the Common Core State Standards
- Offers teacher training and the opportunity for instructors to earn a professional certification
- Presents curriculum in a graphic rich, visually stimulating environment to reinforce learning
- Showcases career pathways for a dynamic, and quickly growing industry
- Reinforces hospitality on a global scale, focusing on diversity
- Teaches employability skills and job-specific technical skills for the Hospitality & Tourism Career Cluster
- Includes everything the instructor needs to teach the program, from lesson plans to assessments and examinations
- May lead to advanced placement in college through articulation agreements
- Includes work-based learning experiences with an industry internship
Contact Sales Review this curriculum for your school
HMTP Course Content (Textbooks, Workbooks, Instructor Resources)
Program Objective: To provide students with broad-based learning on the tasks, knowledge, and skills required by anyone wishing to build a career within the hospitality and tourism industry.
Components: The Hospitality and Tourism Management Program (HTMP) aligns fully with the Common Core State Standards and the national Hospitality & Tourism Career Cluster frameworks.